A RP Haven for advanced rp-ers. Site Rated PG-16

The World Needs Light and Dark - Saeli + Sam

Samantha
    Admin

Re: The World Needs Light and Dark - Saeli + Sam

Post by Samantha on Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:57 am

"Apparently, you do!" Nuo hissed playfully, keeping the front of him towards Ilia without moving from his spot. When Ilia jumped at him, he let his knees give way to kneel on the ground and put his hands up to welcome her shield.

And with a little movement, redirected Ilia back and behind him. As soon as she landed, Nuo stood again, turning back and making sure he was facing her.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:12 am

Ilia bounced back her heels digging into the dirt. So the magic reflected attacks. Stepping towards him once more, Ilia bashed with the shield before slashing with her sword.

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:22 am

Nuo couldn't block the shield with one hand and ended up getting slashed in the side by Ilia's sword. But Nuo made no movement, no reaction, that would even hint that the sword even touched him. For a response, however, after taking on Ilia's momentum, Nuo pushed back with one hand one the shield and swiped a right hand punch towards Ilia.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:35 am

Ilia braced herself on the ground when she felt him pushing against her shield. She smirked preparing to attack again when she felt a punch go right into her jawline. Faltering for a step, she reacted by stepping in a circle, keeping her shield where it was. With her back facing him, Ilia threw an elbow towards him with her right arm.

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:39 am

Nuo wasn't paying attention. He was thinking about how good she was at fighting. Not a very wise move while in the fight. The air was knocked from his chest as he was slammed to the ground.

'Damn short people,' Nuo grumbled to himself, while taking advantage of his spot on the ground and kicking Ilia's feet from out under her.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:51 am

Ilia fell to the ground on her butt. Dropping the shield, Ilia grabbed one of the tonfas on her thigh flipping it so the metal bit faced down. Bringing the weapon down towards one of his legs or feet. Propping herself up on her knee, she flipped the sword blade stabbing it toward him as well.

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:57 am

Ilia's blade struck through Nuo's right calf. "Alright I'm done playing games, little girl," Nuo hissed. He pulled the blade from his leg and tossed it aside standing up. His eyes fully changed to lime green as he read Ilia's darkest fear before transforming into that fear.

Arising from black smoke stepped a figure known well to Ilia. Nuo, disguised as Saeli laughed maniacally. But this Saeli was different with fangs and claws, spikes and horns, bat wings and a demon tail. "Are you ready to play a game of murder, sister?" Saeli's voice echoed.

Nuo didn't have too much control over fear forms and his curse was kicking in but he continued to hold it back to give himself as much time as he needs.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:03 am

Ilia was the surprised at his strength as he just ripped the blade from her hand and tossed it aside. The way his skin glowed green was insane, and the light almost was blinding when she was so close. Blinking as soon as the glow disappeared to be replaced by smoke Ilia gasped. "Sa....Saeli?" Ilia had no idea what happened. Why was her sister her now? Why was she... A look a pure terror crossed Ilia's face as she started crawling backward away from her. Ilia hadn't been able to save her sister from the demons and now they were coming for her. Tears welled up in her eyes.

"Saeli this isn't you!" Ilia shouted with her voice cracking.

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:13 am

Nuo was startled. He'd seen a million terrified faces before. Why was her's bothering him so much. He didn't understand. Be he couldn't handle it either. He transformed back into his human form. He coughed up blood before sinking his fingers into the dirt. Nuo clenched his teeth tears forming in his eyes.

He's survived the pain of transforming before, sure, but that was one transformation with no blood loss. Now Nuo battled two transformations as well as two fresh wounds. Magic buzzed across his skin, a burning sensation he wished would disappear. He could feel his veins glowing, the curse crawling beneath his skin sending shockwaves from every inch of his body.

Breathing heavily, Nuo clinched at the necklace laying under his shirt. He could feel Nightmare coming on, he wouldn't be able to stop it this time. Nuo reached into his shirt and pulled off the artifact. It was but a simple necklace, black string tied onto an engraved, wooden claw. Well it looked like a claw but it was a curved horn.

He threw it at Ilia's feet as he bowled over in pain. Taking off the artifact had allowed the full brunt of the curse's pain onto him. "You have to wear that. Put it on and don't take it off," Nuo huffed to Ilia, clenching his chest.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:25 am

Ilia's heart was still beating rapidly as she didn't know what happened. Nuo was back in front of her, where the hell was Saeli!? Was that even really her. Her breathing started to slow as she watched him fall and cough up blood.

The necklace thudded at her feet making Ilia jump. Picking it up she ran her finger over the claw then slipped it around her neck. She didn't know what Nuo just did, but Ilia wasn't prepared to start questioning him now.

His glowing surprised her, and Ilia looked back towards the town to make sure no guards were coming towards them. Getting to her feet, Ilia retrieved her weapons and walked towards him with one of her mini tonfas out. This was her chance to kill him and reap her bounty. Honestly the world was probably better off without something like that existing. But seeing him in so much pain, Ilia couldn't help but kneel next to him. "What is going on?" She asked with her usual soft tone returning.

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:29 pm

Nuo panted, "Don't let me near the town! B-Because..." It was all he could say before the pain made it impossible for him to speak. He rolled over face down on the ground while green magic flowed underneath his skin and bursts of green light shot from the mark on his forehead.

His curse gave one more agonizing push, making Nuo scream into the dirt with tears welling in his eyes. Then the magic surrounding most of him begin to fade slowly. Nuo's body went limp against the earth and he did not move. He remained deathly still with eyes closed.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:51 pm

Ilia panicked. She actually panicked. Ilia knew she was hired to kill him, but she barely did anything to him. She escaped the fight with a few bruises, mentally and physically but nothing major. Ilia could see the flickering of torches drawing closer as the daylight faded and she looked around scared. She couldn't let the guards find him like this, they could both be arrested. Leaning in close, she checked to see if he was breathing. Thankfully she felt a few shallow breaths.

Slinging Nuos arm around her neck, Ilia half carried, half dragged Nuo deeper into the woods away from town. She would take him to one of the cabins she had outside this town. She preferred to stay in cabins rather than the towns she visited often.

Upon reaching the cabin, Ilia put him on her bed assuming the bed linens were easier to replace than a couch. She noticed the blood coming out of his leg was blue and she ran to get bandages. After nursing his wounds, Ilia placed a cool cloth on his head. He was such a strange creature, she didn't even know if his heart would be in the same place to see if he was alive or not.

Sitting in a chair near the bed, Ilia examined the necklace he had given her once more. It was all very strange, and she had MANY questions. Ilia couldn't help but dose off. After the days events, she was very tired and sore.

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:57 pm

Nuo's eyes slid open, but they no longer looked like his own. Nightmare Nuo raised up on the bed and looked down at himself and the wrappings around his wounds. He tilted his head in confusion. Nightmare pulled off the bandages to reveal healed wounds, scars where blood used to pour.

Now shirtless, Nightmare stood from the bed and examined the girl in front of him. He wanted to kill her, kill everything, but the artifact around her neck prevented him from harming her. Instead Nuo's true feelings for this person rose up. Nightmare tilted his head again. This feeling is that of curiosity and intriguement.

Kneeling down in front of her, Nightmare closely examined the girl. He wondered what her blood would look like. Nightmare, unable to speak, just continued to stare.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:36 pm

Ilia jumped awake when she felt a presence over her. "Oh! Your awake!" Ilia exclaimed surprised he was so close. She then realized he might still want to kill her.

Glancing towards the bed, she saw the old wraps and sighed. "Look I was just trying to help, you didn't have to take th-," Ilia cut herself off when she looked back towards Nuo. His eyes were different, he looked different. "Are you okay?"

Her heart beat a little faster, and Ilia slid a hand towards one of the tonfas on her thigh. She still didn't want to hurt him, but Ilia had no idea what his intentions were.

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:55 pm

Nightmare tilted his head to the side. Then he leaned his face closer to her, not too close but most likely uncomfortably close. Then slowly he drew his hand up and lightly grasped a lock of her hair and watched the dull gold strands as they slipped through his fingers. When he got to the end of the strands, he touched them to his lips.

Unaware to Ilia, this is actually a greeting only allowed by single nobles from Nuo's culture. It was a way to show respect to ones past, since hair continuously grows, the tips of hair have survived the longest. But it could also was a subtle way to tell another that they would like to get to know them better.

But the Nightmare promptly let go and stood up looking towards the door. There was a town nearby. Nightmare turned and headed toward the door, his face never showing any emotion.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:44 am

Ilia froze as he reached up and touched her. He was too close to her. A slight blush creeped onto her cheeks. Everything that was happening was so weird! And why wasn't he speaking to her. Did he just kiss her hair. "Nuo...?" She muttered quietly.

Watching him start towards the door, Ilia shook her head bringing herself back to reality. Running to step in between him and the door she shook her head before saying, "Uh-uh, you aren't leaving this cabin! You told me not to let you go to town and we are a few miles away and you are staying right here!"

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:52 am

Nightmare, unable to show emotion, turned and looked back around the room. There wasn't anything else for him to do. And the woman had the artifact and gave him an order. With nothing else to do, Nightmare retreated to the bed and laid down. With a stretch, his eyes finally closed and he drifted off to sleep.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:56 am

Ilia was so confused by Nuo's strange behavior. She had so many questions to ask him in the morning when he would hopefully respond to her. That was assuming he wouldn't leave in the middle of the night. With a deep sigh, Ilia went into the bedroom and retrieved an extra pillow and a few blankets. She decided the best option to keep him in the house would be to sleep in front of the door. Making herself a make shit bed, Ilia lied down hoping her sleep would be decent.

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:01 am

In the morning Nuo woke up to light filtering in through the window. He vaguely recalled yesterday's events. He looked down and saw no more wounds but also no shirt. Looking up he saw Ilia sleeping in front of the door. Grinning, Nuo stood from the bed and walked over to her. Crouching down he snapped his fingers in front of her face to wake her up. "Hey, girl, what happened last night? Did we have sex?" Nuo asked.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:08 am

Ilia jumped up at the snap, her hand flying to her thigh when she realized it was just Nuo. Still slightly groggy, Ilia reacted really late by backing into the door. "WHAT! Me have sex with you! You tried to kill me!" Ilia exclaimed more shocked than angry.

Her cheeks started to redden at the thought of, and as soon as she noticed Nuo was shirtless... and very attractive, her face turned immediately bright red. "I.. I.. just brought you back here and nursed your wounds and you tried to leave so I said no and slept in front of the door and," Ilia's voice returned to it's normal innocent calm tone as she stammered and avoided looking at Nuo.

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:13 am

"I mean I've had one night stands start that way before," Nuo shrugged. He could see his artifact around Ilia's neck. He stood up and sighed, he's eyes sad. "Nightmare came out didn't he? Nightmare is me but I can't control my actions, I don't even remember anything after we started fighting. I've been told my eyes change dramatically when Nightmare appears. Apparently I won't talk or show any emotion either," Nuo stated, worry trickling into his voice.

He tried to act as if he didn't care about Nightmare but he did. Nightmare scares the living hell out of him.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:18 am

A small frown formed on her face when he said that. "I wouldn't be that easy!" She responded with her brow furrowing. Of course he wasn't a virgin, someone that attractive was bound to have slept with other people.

"Oh," Ilia said still slightly confused before continuing, "If your worried about hurting anyone, the only person you hurt was me in our fight." She stood up picking the blankets up with her and going over to the couch to sit and pat the cushion next to her for him. Ilia's sore body ached even more after sleeping on the ground like that.

"I was wondering why you looked so different and wouldn't speak to me. You- or Nightmare I guess, grabbed my hair and kissed it," Ilia continued prattling on, she figured it would be best for him to know that at least. "Do you have any idea why? And what is this necklace that you told me to never take off?"

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:31 am

Nuo sputtered a small laugh. He joined her on the couch but he sat at an odd angle to lay his head back on the arm rest.

"Oh. Well I suppose I should explain what exactly I am. As I explained before I am an Nightmare Monoceros. It means my people have the ability to transform into anyone's deepest and darkest fears. However, transforming causes us much pain and right after a transformation we're extremely vulnerable. If we sustain too much damage our Nightmare side appears, kind of like an immune system. But just as we can transform into anyone's fear, our Nightmare side is our own fear. My Nightmare will kill anything and everything living it can find. For a while I can no control of when he would appear. Then I found that artifact, the necklace you're wearing, that if I wear it can somewhat prevent Nightmare from appearing. But it's not a sure thing."

Nuo sighed but continued, "However, if someone else wears it that person will no longer age and control Nightmare. Any order you give to Nightmare, he will listen. From what it sounds like, since you wore the artifact Nightmare treated you as I might possibly treat you had we met under different circumstances. You see the gesture of taking hair and pressing it to one's lips is a sign of respect for one's past. Since hair continues to grow, the end of someone's hair has seen a lot in life and kind of represents that period in time. It's usually used between nobility."

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:04 pm

"So that was you who was my sister, so she's okay!" Ilia let out a sigh of relief at the thought of her sister actually being well.

Looking down at the artifact resting in her hand Ilia took all the information she just learned in. "As long as I'm wearing this.. I don't age," her words were quiet as she thought about it, then she looked up at him, "Wait, so how old are you?" If this necklace kept her from aging, that meant she would outlive all of her friends and most importantly her brother and sister. It was a very sad thought and Ilia wondered how much Nuo had lost in his past.

"A greeting for nobles, I doubt I deserve that kind of respect," Ilia said with a small smile sliding onto her face. It was amazing how Nuo went from vulgar to respectable so quickly.

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:50 pm

Nuo grinned, "I'm one thousand, four hundred and ninety-two years old. In human years I'm around twenty one." Then Nuo chuckled and said mischievously, "I beg to differ. Among my kind, most adults turn out anything but kind. Those that survive till adulthood with a kind disposition are revered as royalty because they think more clearly and will be able to put what is best for the people before themselves."

Nuo laid back on the couch, leaning his head back. His fingers absentmindedly played in his own hair, twirling it around. Nuo thought he might need a shower soon, his hair was so long that it collects everything. Nuo noticed the sad look in Ilia's face at the mention of living without ageing. "You can give the pendant back if you don't want it. Speaking of which, doesn't it seem odd two skilled assassins were hired to kill each other," Nuo rumbled, looking up at the ceiling with murderous intent.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:04 am

Current date/time is Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:04 am