A RP Haven for advanced rp-ers. Site Rated PG-16

The World Needs Light and Dark - Saeli + Sam

Saeli

Re: The World Needs Light and Dark - Saeli + Sam

Post by Saeli on Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:45 am

"Interesting how different our species cultures are. Two of the kindest rulers in our land were murdered," Ilia replied lightly. Looking down a the pendant once more Ilia pulled it from around her neck and handed it too him. "You can keep this for now," She offered with a small smile, "thank you for not killing me."

"You're right, it is very strange," Ilia looked at up at the ceiling in thought, "I was wondering why my usual employer hadn't given me as much information on you. Something must be up."

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:15 am

Nuo chuckled slightly, "I'm sure I would be the one dead if I hadn't used my power." Then he quieted and murmured, "The kindest rulers, huh..." He grabbed the necklace and put it back around his own neck, having to pull his long hair from under it. Nuo thought his hair was way too long but he refused to cut it.

"Does your employer happen to go by the name Deval and look like the size of a house with black hair, a beard, and a tattoo on his face that looks like an eye in the middle of his forehead?" Nuo growled. He wouldn't think the man would be stupid enough to look exactly the same when he hired both, but you never know.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:19 am

"No, he goes by the name Leroy, with brown hair, clean shaven, and horrendous makeup to cover up a tatoo," Ilia replied with a deep frown settling on her face. She had killed, and spared, countless people thanks to this man and now it seemed he had tried to get her killed.

"I say we go on a little hunt, what say you?" Ilia asked not trying to hide the anger in her voice.

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:48 am

"The world is made up of two classes--the hunters and the huntees. Luckily, you and I are hunters," Nuo said, standing and heading for the door. He was quoting an old book, one that probably doesn't even exist anymore. But it related well to the situation at hand.

"We should look in the places we were last contacted and then go from there," Nuo growled. His eyes had been somewhat warm during their morning chat but now they had turned harsh and cold.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:21 am

"Whoa, wait a second, he will still be around in a few hours," Ilia started seeing the shirtless man headed for the door. Her cheeks flared up again when she realized how cute he was shirtless and with his hair down. Looking down at herself, Ilia saw how dirty she was from the prior evening.

"Perhaps we should clean up before heading out and think about this before doing anything rash," Ilia started, "Besides, he should expect one of to be coming to collect the bounty, right? What if we send one of us to say the jobs finished and get him then?"

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:49 am

Nuo growled but made no further comment. "Where can I take a shower," Nuo mumbled. He was still ticked and he didn't like waiting on jobs like this. Not when they were so personal. Nuo's eyes flicked back to Ilia, he no longer held the somewhat playful attitude. He was straight to the point, with little mood to talk.

Even Ilia's blush prompted no response from the man. Nuo flexed his fists, just waiting to take his anger out on something.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:04 am

"There's a bathing pool behind the house with a small rock shelf dividing the sides. I trust you not to peek, then we can decide who to send to our man," Ilia said while getting up to retrieve towels for them and threw him one. She then headed for the door and exited heading to where the spring was behind the cabin.

Upon arriving, she spoke once more, "You can bathe on this side, and I will be just over here." She quickly moved over to the other side of the rock, undressed leaving her weapons in easy to access places and got in the pool washing the dirt and dried off herself.

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:15 am

Nuo caught the towel and followed. He was slightly considering the thought of mentioning how the two should bathe together but he pushed it away. He really didn't feel like messing with her right now.

Nuo stripped the rest of his clothes, pulling the cloth wrapped around his leg off, and got into the spring. He leaned his head back to make sure all of his hair got clean before running his fingers through it. Tangles were a fucking hazzard with hair as long as his. Nuo growled, he somewhat wished he didn't have to deal with it. Long hair like this is going to come back and bite him in the ass at some point.

After he finished cleaning he dried off and wrapped the towel around his waist. "Ilia, after this is over, I think we should part ways," Nuo said solemnly. He's not really sure if he should but thinking it over. Maybe it'd be best for Ilia as well as himself. He leaned against the doorframe, looking at his own hand. It had tons of small cuts all over it, healed by Nightmare, and the scars got bigger and deadlier looking the closer they got to his chest.

Ilia doesn't have the "protection" of Nightmare. If she travels with him, Nuo fears something bad will happen. To one or both of them.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:28 pm

Finishing her bath, Ilia dried off and redressed herself in some clean clothes. Walking over to where Nuo was standing, she made a point of trying not to look at him while he just had the towel around his waist.

"Oh," Ilia replied with a frown. He was probably right though, they were assassins after all. But what if someone tried to get them to kill each other again? "Perhaps you're right, but we shall see when that time comes," Ilia spoke once more with a some of her smile returning again, "I'd like to think we could leave this by calling each other friends."

Throwing her towel at him, and heading into the house, Ilia spoke once more, "Now put some clothes on so we can figure out what we're doing and start on our journey!"

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:36 pm

Nuo eyed Ilia somewhat suspiciously. It's not that he didn't trust her, more like he didn't trust what was going on. Reluctantly, he put on his clothes, still tattered with holes and scratches but clean of blood. "You seemed to already have an idea formed so spit it out. I will however be making a detour in town for some new clothes. These have worn past their expiration date," Nuo rumbled.

Even as he sat back on the couch, he continued to do his best to dry his long hair without tangling it. He didn't have a piece of string to tie his hair up at the moment, something else he would need to get. Fighting with his hair down is kind of a pain.

Then Nuo's stomach growled loudly. He looked away sheepishly, hiding his face with his hair but said nothing. Nuo could go for a while without food. Besides they needed to catch this guy.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:02 pm

Ilia noticed Nuo's odd behavior and chuckled. "I figured we could send one of us in to collect the bounty, and get him there. I'm sure they gave you a meeting place as they did me. So we'll have one follow and stay out of sight while the other talks. Then when the time is right BAM we got him!"

With a smile, she picked up her coin purse and put in her pocket. "I will get you new clothes since I feel responsible for ruining your old ones. Besides we can get food then head to the spot," She paused noticing him messing with his hair, "Do you need something to hold your hair back? Why not just get it cut?"

Before receiving a response, Ilia went into her bedroom and retrieved an extra hair tie offering it to him.

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:11 pm

Nuo grumbled a thanks and put his hair in a low ponytail. "Although my culture has long since disappeared I do not like turning away from some of our traditions. One of which is that from the day we are born until we die, we do not cut our hair. Hair is like a time capsule, it has been through everything with us, cutting it is like cutting away our past," Nuo rumbled.

He somewhat disliked talking about his culture, but it was not as if he blabbered about it non-stop. Telling those who were legitimately curious wasn't too bad.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:17 pm

"Couldn't you like... cut some of it but keep some part as long as it should be?" Ilia asked lightly trying to make to conversation. She waved towards the door for him to follow and sauntered out with her catching some air in the breeze.

"Maybe I will get a new outfit while we're out as well," She continued on, "You know your species is very interesting. Are you like immortal, or do you just have an incredibly long lifespan?"

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:16 am

Nuo mumbled a 'maybe' while playing with his long ponytail. He followed her out as he replied to her question, "Incredibly long lifespan. However, our Nightmare forms will appear if our bodies become too damaged. Nightmare will then heal our bodies, kinda like it's protecting itself."

"Then if Nightmare gets hurt, he can't heal and we'll wake up with wounds we didn't know we had. It's an odd way to live when you think about it, but it's how we are born so we just have to deal with it. Our blood is like a poison to us, when we transform into anyone's fear we are in extreme pain from just one transformation, it leaves us extremely weak. Luckily we have a human form and a non-human form we can change into at will with no issue. So in essence, one of my kind could potentially live long, healthy, happy life without their Nightmare form appearing. But it's extremely rare," Nuo grumbled.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:15 am

"Your culture truly is an interesting one," Ilia said while looking at him with a smile that soon would turn to a slight frown, "I wish i had a cool story about my species like, instead we just have killed a lot of stuff throughout the ages and made everyone miserable."

"But, let's not be gloomy today! What about your family? Are any of them still around?" Ilia asked as she led the way to the town from her cabin. Ilia genuinely wanted to be friends with Nuo even if he did seem like one of those hot, sexy, cocky guys.

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:35 am

Nuo stopped walking and stared up at the sky, clouds billowing over the sun which was steadily rising above the pair's head. He sat silent for a moment before sighing. "I would prefer to not talk about my family. Apologies but maybe another time," Nuo said before continuing to walk again.

He hadn't thought about his family in a long time. Nuo shook his head before asking, "So who's meeting up with the guy?"

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:24 am

With a shrug, Ilia responded, "No worries, I don't want to pry into your life if you don't want to tell me."

Pondering his question for a moment before speaking, Ilia said, "I was thinking me. It would most likely be easier for you to stay hidden, simply because maneuvering stealthily with my shield can be difficult at times." Upon reaching the village, Ilia waved to show him to where the shops were. "So we could send me in and I will do the talking while you follow behind on the rooftops or some such depending on where we meet them."

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:26 am

"Sure, that sounds reasonable," Nuo said with a yawn. At least he was going to get new clothes. Out of the corner of his eye he spotted a pottery shop and wondered if they needed to make any quick cash before they hit the road.

"Hey, Ilia, how far is the town or place you're supposed to meet this guy?" Nuo asked, staring at the pottery shop.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:35 am

"Well, I would say its at least two days to a weeks journey by foot," Ilia's hand went up to scratch her head as she thought on it, "It really depends on our pace as well as if we are human or not." Biting her lip Ilia glanced over at Nuo, she hoped he wouldn't mind spending that much time so close to her. In fact, she hadn't thought about how much time they would really be spending together if they were going to do this.

"I'm to meet him in the town called Cahnin," Ilia continued on as she entered one of the clothing shops giving the owner a friendly nod, "Have you heard of it? It's one of the most crime filled towns south of here. In fact, this town is one of the safest on the edge of the north and south."

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:42 am

"We won't need to travel on foot," Nuo said, smirking slightly. He'd enjoy messing with her later about his second form. To distract her, however, he asked, "Do we need anymore money or are we good till we get there?"

"And yes, I've heard of it. I've never been before, though," Nuo rumbled glancing at Ilia.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:43 pm

"Well, we might need a little extra as we will need a little extra spending money when passing through the towns," Ilia replied lightly. She was excited to travel honestly, it had been a while since she had been able to stretch her legs as lynx/fox. "I keep my money spread out, and this purse is the only one I have right now."

"I'm glad you've heard of it. We will need to be careful when traveling through there, and it would be best to not carry too much money during our stay in the town," Ilia said, she truly hated having to go to Cahnin.

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:47 am

Twisting on his heel, Nuo walked into the pottery shop and saw a man working at a wheel. Nuo smiled, this man must do pretty good work, the wheel he owned was magically powered so with just a single foot pedal the user could control how fast the wheel spun.

They're pretty expensive and more like what Nuo was originally accustomed to. Nuo approached the thrower and said, "Excuse me sir, but are you a betting man?"
    The man looked up and raised an eyebrow, "Depends. What's this bet of yours about?" His voice was gruff and deep but held a sense of playfulness about it.
    "If you let me create something on your wheel, and you deem it worthy enough, I would like to make a few items to sell to earn a bit of extra coin. But as my job requires me to travel, I do not own a wheel of my own. And of course everything I sell, should I win the bet, a portion of the profit would remain with you," Nuo smiled.

The clerk laughed, "Sounds very interesting! But tell me what would I get if I win the bet?"
    Nuo replied easily, "I'll buy a couple of pieces from you."
    The clerk gave another boisterous laugh, "Sounds like a bet!" The man cleaned off his wheel and left all the necessary tools around the wheel for Nuo to use.

Nuo grabbed some clay and weighed it out in his hands, he tore clay off until he got it to the weight he wanted: approximately three pounds. He then wedged the clay before packing it into a sphere. He slammed it into the middle of the wheel and began to center it. Unlike the potter, Nuo tried to use as little water as possible as he centered the clay, raising it into a cone before squatting it back down into a "hockey puck" shape.

Nuo quickly and masterfully opened the puck shape and brought it out before quickly raising it upward. He then created a unique and flowing vase design with the vessel swelling in and out multiple times. The potter whistled in awe, "That's good work, kid, you're welcome to use my wheel all day if you'd like. How do you wanna split the profit?"

"50/50 works for me," Nuo grinned.
    The potter laughed before going into the next room over to glaze some pots, leaving Nuo to continue his general routine.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:49 pm

Ilia followed Nuo into the pottery shop baffled as to why they are going in there. She took the time to look around as she listened the Nuo's and the potters conversation. It brought a small smile to her face, and she watched in awe as Nuo made a pot. Potters always fascinated her, and Nuo looked so gorgeous sitting there working. "That is a very nice vase you've made there," Ilia said after the potter had cleared the room, "Where did you learn to do this?"

He really was a curious guy, but there was probably a lot of things he could do that Ilia could never have dreamed of in her life. Living for over 1000 years must give you those chances though. Perhaps living that long wouldn't be too bad if you had a friend.

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:13 am

Nuo hummed a moment, "It's a little odd but essentially all Monocero children get their occupation from somewhere in the family. Parents will train their children with their jobs and whichever the child is best at is what they get officially tutored in. My father was a potter while my mother was a warrior."

Nuo continued to make another pot while he talked, "So I originally started training under my mother because she wanted me to become a warrior. But I didn't do so well so then my father showed me how to create things with clay. I just happened to be better at that."

Nuo completed another pot and as he put it up he asked, "If you want me to keep this brief I can stop after only a couple larger pots." He bit his lip, he kinda got carried away talking about his family considering he just said he didn't want to talk about them. Making things out of clay puts him in a happy mood. Makes him stupid too.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:34 am

"I'm fine with leaving tomorrow or something! I will go out and get you some clothes as well as finish our errands if you wish to stay here," Ilia offered with a friendly smile. Nuo sounded somewhat happier when he was talking while crafting. It made their time together a little easier. "Your culture truly is interesting, how did you end up as an assassin now if you were trained as a potter?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:51 am