A RP Haven for advanced rp-ers. Site Rated PG-16

The World Needs Light and Dark - Saeli + Sam

Samantha
    Admin

Re: The World Needs Light and Dark - Saeli + Sam

Post by Samantha on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:49 am

Nuo hesitated but sighed, "That is... quite a long story. Maybe another time." Nuo started on another pot as he cleared his throat and continued, "But that sounds good. I can make us enough money to get to Cahnin without much trouble."

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:37 am

"Okay! Sounds like a plan then," Ilia said as she turned on her heels and offered a wave as she left shop.

First thing she was going to do was get Nuo's clothes. As Ilia thought about clothing her hand instinctively went to her braid. Her mother had always tried to get her and Saeli to dress nicely, but they always preferred the more comfortable clothes for their lifestyle. Shaking her head to brush the thought away, Ilia walked into the nearest shop until she found clothing similar to what Nuo had been wearing. She could only hope it would fit him or that he would like what she picked out.

After thanking the shop owner for her assistance, Ilia realized they had never eaten and she was very hungry at this point. Walking towards the food stalls, she noticed a vendor who's stall was very rarely set up. Remembering he often sold delicious cheesey dough snacks. Deciding that would be a wonderful treat to have, Ilia went up and purchased two dozen for the duo. Picking up something else for the main course, she returned to the pottery shop.

"Hey, Nuo, I brought food and clothing! I noticed you have no sleeves going on so I tried to find clothes similar to yours. I hope you like them," Ilia said as she walked in with all her goods. "If you get cleaned up we can eat! I got lucky, one of my favorite vendors was in town today. He was selling his fried cheesey dough snacks!"

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:51 am

Nuo had completed a couple more pots by the time Ilia left and returned. That totaled five, four-pound pots. Each pot was big enough to hold food in the winter and with each pot, Nuo fastened a top for each.

"Thanks, I'll go get cleaned up. I think I've made enough to earn us the coin we need. Most places I visited like big urns for storing perishables during the winter and the bigger they are the more they'll sell for. I had a talk with the potter, he's a rare one. He'll give us 75% of the profits he'll make from the pots. Usually potters argue with me to the point they get 75%," Nuo mused as he placed the last pot to dry.

He walked over to the sink basin and washed his hands and his arms, scrubbing off clay that had gone all the way up to his elbow. Nuo glanced over, "So how many of these 'cheesy dough snacks' did you purchase?..." He eyed the boxes she held and looked back up to Ilia.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:57 am

"I got us each a dozen since I didn't know how much you would eat," Ilia put the boxes down on one of the clean tables and walked over to him and giggled slightly, "You missed a spot, silly." Reaching around him, Ilia grabbed one of the cloths from the counter and used it to wipe clay off Nuo's cheek. When Ilia realized what she was doing she immediately blushed and dropped the cloth going back to the table.

She didn't know what came over her, she just wanted to help him stop from looking so ridiculous. "I uhm, sorry," Ilia muttered as she started to open the boxes and set up the food for them.

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:04 am

Nuo, baffled, replied clumsily, "Uh, no, it's ok. Thanks." He quickly recomposed himself and smirked, "You're not very good in the men department are you?" Nuo opened his mouth to pick on her some more but was quickly distracted by the snacks.

Popping one of the little cheesy bites into his mouth, he paused a moment before popping another one in. Nuo chewed somewhat hastily swallowing one down and quickly eating another.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:10 am

Ilia immediately stopped what she was doing and instinctively threw a cheesy ball at him. Letting out a sigh and looking at the ground while her cheeks stayed red, she replied, "Sorry, that was rude. And to answer your question no, but my sister on the other hand, she got all the luck."

Ilia had plenty of friends that were guys, but she didn't know how to handle one she thought was attractive. Especially when they were super annoying and kept teasing her. Nuo was like... a sex god compared to her.

Picking up a ball she ate it, and gradually grabbed another as she watched Nuo scarf them down. "Geez, if I knew you liked them that much I would have bought more. You can have the rest of mine, I will just eat one of the sandwiches I brought," Ilia said as her face gradually returned to normal and she tried to smile in order to recover.

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:22 am

"Will do," Nuo said, licking his lips as he finished off his and got grabby hands towards Ilia's remaining morsels. "So you got sandwiches too?" Nuo asked after he swallowed the last cheesy mosel. He probably should have savored them but eh it's not like he won't ever have them again. He does live for a long time, after all.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:30 am

"Yes, here's yours," Ilia said sliding a box over to the boy. "How long do you think it will take for your pots to sell? We should probably leave for Cahnin tomorrow."

Upon finishing her meal, Ilia gathered up the empty containers to be properly disposed. She waited patiently for Nuo to finish with his box while she toyed with her braid.

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:57 am

Nuo munched on his meal, in between bites adding, "Nah, potters know it'll take a while before the pots will actually be able to sell. What with drying them, firing them, glazing them, and then firing them again. So they pay me after I create the basic form. I think I've made enough now to get there so I can go pick up the coin after we're done eating and then be ready to head out whenever."

Nuo scarfed down his food humming at the flavor. He looked over onto the table and say the clothes Ilia had bought for him. "I guess I'll go get changed now," Nuo said while adding with a smirk as he walked out of the room, "But please, feel free to join me."

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:46 pm

The blush that disappeared from Ilia's face immediately flared up again. What is with this guy!? Hmph, I can't wait to be rid of him. As she thought that she immediately frowned. No she didn't want him to leave, but she wished he would stop being such a sexual pig. That wasn't true either, it was part of his charm. With a sigh, Ilia gathered their trash and disposed of it, then leaned in the doorway of the shop waiting for Nuo to return.

Looking up at the sky, she noticed the dark clouds coming in. Even if they left today, a storm would set there journey back by a day or two.

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:57 pm

Nuo chuckled to himself as he changed before exiting, saying, "These fit all right, thanks. I guess I can talk to the potter and be ready to head out whenever you are." He went off to find the potter. The man was extremely generous towards Nuo and gave him probably a bit more than Nuo deserved but Nuo wasn't about to complain.

"Here's your half," Nuo said, tossing Ilia a bag of coins. He stashed his own, deep in a pocket of his new trousers.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:07 am

Putting the coin in her bag, Ilia began walking towards the gate to head out. "I think I have everything I need to go, but we can stop by my place or pick anything last minute up if you want," Ilia said making light conversation as they walked.

"As it is the afternoon, we can either leave today or wait until tomorrow to depart, I will leave the decision up to you.

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:10 am

Nuo nodded and replied, "I'm good to go, I think we should leave now to get a headstart. The sooner we get this done, the sooner I get to beat the living shit out of the guy that set this all up." Nuo finished his sentence with a growl and headed for the exit.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:02 am

Ilia walked in silence as they left the town. In fact, Ilia seemed like she was deep in thought about their whole situation and Nuo as a whole. She didn't speak until they had traveled for a few hours away from the village and the sun showed that it was now evening.

"Hey, if you don't mind, this isn't exactly how I prefer to travel," Ilia glanced over at Nuo as she spoke. What she meant was she preferred to travel in her finx form. She stopped walking and stretched her legs and arms as she waited for Nuo's response.

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:00 pm

"Neither do I," Nuo purred before back smoke engulfed him. As the smoke dissipated, Nuo's horse form arose, ready to travel. He had a sneaking suspicion that Ilia might have something up her sleeve in the way of transformations. Nuo huffed to himself, he should have mentioned it earlier but he had to admit that quietly staring at her was a lot more pleasant.

It was probably a good thing she was quiet for so long, lost in thought, because he just watched her most of the time. Nuo thought it charming, the faces she would make about the things in her mind that would pop up, which only wanted to make him watch her even longer.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:21 am

((I awwwweed so hard))))

Ilia smirked as she saw Nuo change. There was more than just mystery demons lurking in this guys life. Ilia really hoped she would have the chance to learn more about him, and she was beginning to wish they wouldn't be parting ways when this was over.
    But a horse? Ilia couldn't help but giggle. She couldn't quite see Nuo as a unicorn. But it was very fitting considering he was a rare creature himself.

Ilia's transformation was much less graceful as dust stirred up around her and she appeared as a mix between a fox and lynx. She was quite small when compared to Nuo, but she didn't doubt that she would be able to keep up with him.

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:09 am

((hehe also I'm just gunna assume they can talk in these forms cause why not))

Nuo snorted, "Don't go giggling at me. I am not a unicorn! I'm a species of shifters that all have one horn. I just have the unfortunate luck of retaining my mother's horse form and my father's horn." Nuo hated looking like a draft horse and a unicorn had a kid. But there wasn't much to do about it. He reared up before taking off through the forest, just to make sure Ilia wouldn't make any snarky remarks about his form.

Nuo, on the other hand, thought Ilia's animal mixed form was quite interesting. He couldn't pick out exactly what animals she was a mix of but he could at least tell it was a mix of canine and feline. Very interesting, Nuo thought to himself.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:38 pm

"Oh, Nuo it's-" Ilia cut off as he dashed away from her. She hadn't meant to insult him with her giggle, it was more of seeing a gorgeous, and pure creature on such an intimidating and strong man. However, Ilia took his running as a challenge and quickly bounded after him.

With every step she took, Ilia planned her path carefully as she had a knack for fumbling over her big paws. That was one downfall to being a crossbreed. She cursed her parents for it sometimes. Finally catching up to Nuo, Ilia offered what she tried to make a toothy grin before dashing past him.

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:27 pm

(( I'm gunna timeskip to night time and to camp for the night :> ))

As the night sky rose with the setting sun, Nuo slowed down to a small opening in the forest, transforming back into his human form. Sweat beaded down his forehead and he breathed heavy. He turned to Ilia and huffed, "In our forms we travel a lot quicker, which is good. We should stop for tonight, if we wake up early tomorrow we could probably reach our destination by noon."

Nuo stretched and looked around at his surroundings. The small clearing held few fallen trees and a lake was on the opposite side of some trees. It be a good place to take a bath as well hunt for food.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:29 am

Staying behind Nuo as she changed, Ilia stood to stretch with her arms above her and let out a loud yawn. "Perfect, I will get a fire going," Ilia responded to Nuo as she wandered away from the clearing to gather some kindling.
    By the time Ilia got the fire going, the sun had fully disappeared and the moon shined bright in the sky. It was a clear night and the moons reflection on the river lit up their little clearing quite well. Taking a seat next to the fire, Ilia warmed her hands and heard her stomach growling.

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:27 am

Nuo chuckled. "Want some food? I brought a little in my pack but it's not much. We could go hunting tonight or we can eat meager meals until we get into the city tomorrow."
    Nuo thought for minute. He didn't have a bow, which is best for hunting, he only had his magic. And he learned the hard way that killing magic makes prey taste god awful. He doesn't know what magic does to make the meat so disgusting, but it's a mistake that'll only happen once.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:09 am

"I'll take some food, and we should just eat what we have. Tomorrow we should find a place to meet outside the city and split up," Ilia reached out to take whatever Nuo might offer. "We can spend the day gathering info, and eating, then send me in like we originally planned in the evening or the day after."

Looking down at herself, Ilia sighed, she was covered in dust and dirt from their run. "I would like to bathe and go into the city as a human tomorrow. I brought some clothes so whomever is working for our man shouldn't be able to recognize me on the spot."

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:34 am

Nuo handed her some rabbit, carefully preserved in magic to keep it lasting longer. He took the spell off, allowing it to be edible without a nasty aftertaste.
    He nodded saying, "I'd prefer the evening, the sooner the better."

Nuo grinned slyly and mused, "Well if you need any help with your bath, feel free to let me know. I will do all I can do accommodate you..." Nuo's smirk wouldn't for the life of him disappear. He was feeling much better than the night before, even slipping into the... flirtatious side of his personality. Which is, sadly, way to present.

Saeli

Post by Saeli on Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:25 am

Ilia was in the middle of raising the rabbit to her mouth when she heard Nuo's comment. The rabbit immediately fell from her hands and landed in her lap as her face flared up into a blush once more. She flung her hand towards him in slap but it was obvious it wasn't really meant to hurt.

"I will be just fine on my own!" Ilia said in a huff as she tried to hide her face within her hair and not let Nuo see the blush. But honestly, the thought of seeing more than just a shirtless Nuo was appealing to her. She picked up the rabbit in an attempt to try and eat it while looking normal and steal a glance at his face. Her eyes were immediately attracted to the pendant around his neck as it glowed in the fire light.

"Nuo," Ilia started quietly, "Perhaps I should wear the necklace." She stared at it as she spoke, Ilia was thinking about what happened the night before and didn't want to admit she was afraid of nightmare coming out and she not having it on. "I mean, we're not to far from the town and if nightmare appears.... I kind of like being alive."

Samantha
    Admin

Post by Samantha on Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:58 pm

Nuo grinned mischievously, he thought her quite adorable. A trait not usually defined within the women he normally courted. Nuo found her innocent, but in a sweet and endearing way. A thought he normally doesn't have towards women. A lot of new things have been happening to him recently.

Nuo thought of the two of them as colors. Nuo was a dark, shadowy purple, eager to devour and claim what he believed as his. Whilst Ilia was a pure, honest white, serving out justice to those that are corrupt and murderous. Nuo had the urge to stain her color with his.

He had kinda zoned off but was quickly brought back at the mention of the necklace. He looked down at it, picking it up delicately between two of his fingers and rubbing his thumb along the pendant. He took a moment to consider her words before standing up and taking off the necklace, walking a short distance to put it around Ilia's neck.

"It is much better within your hands than mine," Nuo rumbled, somewhat softly. He gazed at her honestly for a moment before standing back up with a yawn. "Ok well I'm beat, you go bathe now and I'll wake up early to take mine," He said as he walked over to his small sleeping bag. He chuckled as he laid down, "But if you do require me, you but only need to call out." He gave a wolfish grin before rolling over with his head on his arm.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:06 am

Current date/time is Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:06 am